- Posted by Hannon Coach
- On May 18, 2018
- 0 Comments
- Belfast, Coach, Glasgow, Graduation, service, Students, University
Graduation is one of the highlights for any parent and a chance to celebrate your son or daughter’s University achievement. But they can also be stressful and the cause of family arguments.
You will want to enjoy the day and the ceremony, so it is important that you attend to some of the practical matters well before the big day.
Graduations can also be expensive with tickets for guest usually coming in at about £25 each. However, it is usually the other costs around travel and accommodation that usually catch people out with price surges that can often lead to the overall cost of the day spiralling out of control.
We think that our new luxury coach service between Belfast and Glasgow makes perfect sense for families and friends travelling to graduations in Scotland. The coach arrives in Buchanan Bus Station – within easy walking distance of University of Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian University, University of Strathclyde and Glasgow School of Art and with a flat fare of just £29 each way including bags and cost of the ferry it can really help save money and make sure the whole family can afford to be there.
We have put together some useful tips to help…
By planning ahead, you can make sure that you get the best deals on travel and hotels. Also, remember to book the restaurant well in advance – you don’t want to be celebrating your child’s academic success over Big Mac & Fries
If the ceremony is in the morning or early afternoon, you are probably going to need accommodation – but so will everyone else. With so many universities in Glasgow, the hotels and guesthouses can get booked up early on so make a reservation as early as possible. If you are still looking for somewhere to stay People Make Glasgow have a good guide on their site
Our top 3 places for a Glasgow graduation lunch…
3 courses for £25 including a glass of Champagne with canapés at The Honours (winner of ‘Scotland’s Best Restaurant’ at The Scottish Entertainment and Hospitality Awards) – take a look at the menu.
Graduation packages for rooms, fizz and nibbles – take a look at the here.
3 courses for £25 including a glass of Prosecco (Red Onion are also offering a complimentary, unique personalised menu service to mark the day with the name and degree of the graduate) – take a look at the menu.
For more Glasgow restaurant recommendations, take a look at The List’s Glasgow Larder food and drink guide.
10 great reasons for students to choose Hannon Coach to travel to Glasgow…
- Great value with simple flat fares and no nasty add-ons or ‘extras’
- The cost of the ferry is included, and we also check you onboard.
- Luxury coach the whole way with onboard toilet, WiFi and reclining seats.
- Coach arrives in Buchanan Bus Station – within easy walking distance of University of Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian University, University of Strathclyde and Glasgow School of Art.
- No luggage charges – bring up to 2 full size 23Kg suitcases per passenger
- We can also accommodate larger items (Passengers are required to contact us in advance)
- Our coach travels on the ferry so you can leave any large bags in the luggage hold the whole way
- We do not hike prices on busy days or closer to your travel date
- Hassle-free security
- Free WiFi the whole way.