- Posted by Eve McStravick
- On August 27, 2020
- 0 Comments
- City Break, Dinner, Food, Glasgow, Restaurant, Romantic, Theatre
Reasons why Glasgow should be top of the list for your next city break
Just a short way away, Glasgow is one of Europe’s friendliest cities and perfect for a city break. In fact, roughguides.com voted it the friendliest city in 2014. A break away in Glasgow offers a lively, bustling place, distinctive and full of character.
We think if you’re looking for a great place to visit for a staycation this year, then there might be nowhere better than a trip to Glasgow. The coach is a quick, easy and stress-free way to travel. Our convenient Belfast to Glasgow Express route is the perfect way for you to make a quick trip across the water to visit Scotland before the end of summer.
The city has a great on-going food scene with a tempting mix of cool, quality and affordable great value venues in the ‘foodie quarter.’ It is full of great bars and restaurants with choices to suit every price range, what’s not to like about Glasgow.
Our £39 each way Express from Belfast to Glasgow is the ideal way for food lovers and culture seekers from Northern Ireland to make the quick trip across the water to visit Scotland.
THINGS TO DO
TOP 5 RESTAURANTS FOR 2020
Lunch on arrival? Amarone is a stylish Italian restaurant positioned right beside Buchanan Bus station in Glasgow’s City Centre. It is a popular choice for a romantic meal or just a get together with family and friends. Amarone make good use of the freshest produce in their dishes. The menu has a great selection of pizzas and pastas, as well as plenty of meat and seafood dishes, but don’t necessarily expect the usual!
2 Nelson Mandela Pl, Glasgow G2 1BT
0141 333 1122
2. Mini Grill Glasgow Steakhouse
One of our choices for a great burger or steak is Mini Grill. Mini Grill is one of Glasgow’s best-kept secrets tucked away off the bustle of Bath Street. The family-run eatery has a small but creative menu put together, with traditional gastro dishes and a unique range of Scottish twists. It blends traditional Scottish grill values with a menu of modern favourites and fine foods.
Mini Grill Steakhouse
244A Bath St, Glasgow G2 4JW
0141 332 2732
3. Obsession of India
Obsession of India is certainly our go to when we want a curry. Using fresh ingredients locally available or the best exotic spices directly from the source, they know what makes the best curry. Obsession of India was voted Number 1 for Indian cuisine on Trip Advisor, and they were also finalists in the Scottish Curry Awards from 2017-2019. You can’t visit Glasgow without trying some!
Obsession of India
25 High St, Glasgow G1 1LX
0141 552 0700
4. Porter and Rye
Porter & Rye is at the heart of Finnieston’s thriving community. They specialise in dry-aged beef, treated in house to create texture and flavour. All their meat is locally sourced from Gaindykehead Farm of Airdrie, while their fresh produce is delivered daily by Glasgow’s own Seasonal Produce. They love to offer wild and fine food onto every plate so if your celebrating a special occasion during your trip to Glasgow, then get yourself booked into Porter & Rye!
Porter and Rye
1131 Argyle St, Finnieston, Glasgow G3 8ND
0141 572 1212
5. The Western Club Restaurant
The Western Club Restaurant has improved their dining excellence since it opened in November 2014. Located in the city centre, just a short walk from Buchanan Bus Station, The Western Club Restaurant has arguably Glasgow’s most stunning dining room overlooking the iconic Royal Exchange Square. The menus are based on tried and tested British and European classics therefore everyone is always pleased with their choice. This is a dining experience you’re not to miss!
Glaschu Restaurant & Bar (The Western Club)
32 Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow G1 3AB
0141 248 2214
Visiting Family and Friends
The Eat Out to Help Out scheme offers diners the chance to enjoy up to a maximum of £10 discount per person every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday between 3rd and 31st August. A large amount of the city’s finest eateries are taking part on this scheme therefore, if you’re visiting family and friends in Glasgow the Eat Out to Help Out incentive is great for when you’re heading out for dinner!
Belfast – Glasgow Express £39 each way
- Family friendly service
- Convenient pick up and drop off times
- Our services are back up and running with a new timetable. Keeping our customers and staff safe is our number one priority.
- We have put in place a range of new safety measures to keep you safe when travelling on our coaches.
10 Great reasons to choose Hannon Coach to travel between Belfast and Glasgow…
- Our service is the ONLY direct through service between Belfast and Glasgow – our coach travels the whole way with you and does not just drop you at the ferry terminal.
- Convenient online booking up to 60 minutes before departure
- The cost of the ferry is included, and we also check you on-board.
- Luxury coach the whole way with on-board toilet, Wi-Fi and reclining seats.
- The coach drops you off at Buchanan bus station– right in the heart of the city, within easy walking distance of University of Glasgow, Glasgow Cathedral, George square and the Light House.
- No luggage charges – bring up to 2 full size 23Kg suitcases per passenger.
- We can also accommodate bikes and larger items (Passengers are required to contact us in advance).
- We do not hike prices on busy days or closer to your travel date.
- Hassle-free security
- Free Wi-Fi the whole way.