- Posted by Eve McStravick
- On August 31, 2020
- 0 Comments
- City Break, Culture, Glasgow, Museum, Short Break, Tourist, University
Our Top 5 Pizzerias in Belfast
Eating out is one of the joys of travel. For a city, the size of Belfast the choice of places to eat is surprising. Belfast offers a brand-new twist on Italian cooking with many pizzerias serving a range of top quality and affordable Italian dishes.
Our £39 each way Express from Glasgow to Belfast is the ideal way for food lovers and culture seekers, from Scotland to make the quick trip across the water to visit Belfast.
1. Pizza on the Square
Our top choice for a delicious, homemade pizza in Belfast and perfect for on arrival is Pizza on the Square. Nowhere is more convenient than Pizza on the Square. Located in the historic Scottish Provident Building, Pizza on the Square is just metres from where our Glasgow – Belfast Express drops off. Pizza on the Square offers a large selection of pizzas, pastas, sides, and desserts.
Pizza on the Square
1 Donegall Square West, Belfast BT1 6JA
028 9032 9473
2. Little Wing Pizzeria
Local Artisan Chain, Little Wing pizzeria opened back in early May 2010 bringing authentic (and delicious) Naples-style pizzas to Northern Ireland. It has fast become a local favourite, feeding everyone from students to school kids, couples, and families. The Naples style of pizza (thin crust, crispy on top and bottom and chewy in the centre, flavoursome sauce and beautiful mozzarella) is one our favourites! As Little Wing is one of our go to pizzerias, we would recommend you make a visit whilst in Belfast. Did you know they serve Northern Ireland’s biggest pizza? It’s a huge 24 inches in diameter, perfect for sharing with family and friends.
Little Wing Pizzeria
322 Lisburn Rd, Belfast BT9 6GH
028 9066 6000
10 Ann St, Belfast BT1 4EF
028 9024 7000
201 Upper Newtownards Rd, Belfast BT4 3JD
028 9065 1555
3. Pizza Punks
You might already know Pizza Punks if you are from Glasgow, Pizza Punks is an artisan wood-fired pizza restaurant. They are all about creating your own unique dining experience by creating your own pizzas, selecting as many of toppings as you like all for one flat fee. Located at the Cathedral Quarter, Pizza Punks is a great choice for an evening pizza before hitting the town. The Cathedral Quarter in Belfast is a vibrant area with many hotels, restaurants, pubs, and amazing street art. It’s definitely a highlight of a visit to Belfast. Why not visit Pizza Punks when your there?
Pizza Punks Belfast
20-22 Waring St, Belfast BT1 2ES
028 9031 4110
4. Green’s Pizzeria
One of the original Belfast pizzerias is Green’s. Green’s is known for traditional stone baked pizzas and pasta dishes, using their secret dough recipe that they have been using since 1995. They use only the finest ingredients from local suppliers in all their famous pizzas which would explain for their great reputation for delicious food across Belfast. They are a family friendly restaurant offering a great children’s menu with varied options and you can treat your kids to a free pizza on Wednesdays from 5-7pm.
Lisburn Rd, Belfast BT9 7GQ
028 9066 6033
283-285 Upper Newtownards Rd, Belfast BT4 3JH
028 9066 6033
357, 359 Ormeau Rd, Belfast BT7 3GL
028 9066 6033
5. Il Pirata
A little bit further out of town is Il Pirata. Il Pirata is a friendly neighbourhood restaurant serving tasty Italian food such as homemade pasta and pizzette, great wines and fantastic cocktails. They are best known for their vegan and vegetarian menu serving dishes such as Tagliatelle and Crisp Polenta. Our favourite choice is the Linguine Arrabbiata. If you would like to travel somewhere just a short distance out of the city centre then this popular and casual East Belfast eatery would be a great restaurant to visit.
279-281 Upper Newtownards Rd, Belfast BT4 3JF
028 9067 3421
Belfast – Glasgow Express £39 each way
• Family friendly service
• Convenient pick up and drop off times
• Our services are back up and running with a new timetable. Keeping our customers and staff safe is our number one priority.
• We have put in place a range of new safety measures to keep you safe when travelling on our coaches
10 Great reasons to choose Hannon Coach to travel between Glasgow and Belfast…
- Our service is the ONLY direct through service between Glasgow and Belfast – our coach travels the whole way with you and does not just drop you at the ferry terminal.
- Convenient online booking up to 60 minutes before departure
- The cost of the ferry is included, and we also check you on-board.
- Luxury coach the whole way with on-board toilet, Wi-Fi and reclining seats.
- The coach drops you off just outside Belfast City Hall– right in the heart of the city.
- No luggage charges – bring up to 2 full size 23Kg suitcases per passenger.
- We can also accommodate bikes and larger items (Passengers are required to contact us in advance).
- We do not hike prices on busy days or closer to your travel date.
- Hassle-free security
- Free Wi-Fi the whole way.