- Posted by Eve McStravick
- On December 1, 2020
- 0 Comments
- City Break, Food, Glasgow, Shop, shopping, Short Break, Theatre, Travel
Glasgow’s Best Shopping Centres
Glasgow is a shopper’s paradise, with the city catering for all tastes and budgets. From the biggest high street brands to vintage wares, from one-off speciality stores to exclusive designer wear, you will find it all in Glasgow. The majority of the city’s stores can be found in the city centre in Glasgow’s Style Mile.
We have highlighted some of the most popular shopping centres in Glasgow below.
Remember with Hannon Coach, bags go free!
1. Buchanan Galleries
Buchanan Galleries shopping centre is right in the heart of Glasgow’s city centre. It is less than a 5minute walk from Buchanan bus station, which is our drop off point for our Belfast-Glasgow Express service. It is home to over 80 of the best stores all under one roof, ranging from high street fashion favourites such as Next, River Island and Warehouse to eye-catching jewellery stores such as Swarovski and Thomas Sabo. It is also the place to explore cool sportswear at Fred Perry or performance gear at Trespass. It’s not just all about fashion; with Lakeland offering ideal home and kitchenware products and bareMinerals with its award winning makeup you’ll always find a shop to suit you at Buchanan Galleries. Once the shopping bags are full you can head to the second floor to the Street Food Hub and Bar for everything from Tacos to panzerottos. With 2,000 car parking spaces, shopping at Buchanan Galleries couldn’t be easier.
220 Buchanan Street
Tel: 0141 333 9898
2. The Forge
The Forge Shopping Centre, with over 400,000 sq.ft. of fabulous shopping, is one of Scotland’s Premier Shopping centres. With over 70 high street shops and one of Scotland’s biggest Asda superstores, it’s designed to make your shopping experience a great one! Some of their top brand stores includ, Toys R Us, Primark, Dunne Stores, H&M, River Island and Clarks Factory Outlet. It’s easy to reach, committed to disabled visitors, and with a comprehensive range of customer facilities and services, the Forge Parkhead is open seven days a week. Access to the centre could not be easier, it is well serviced by bus routes, and a taxi terminus is located at their Duke Street entrance. Car owners can also benefit from FREE parking for over 1600 vehicles.
0141 556 6661
If you want to travel just a short distance out of the city centre then Silverburn is a stunning shopping and entertainment destination just a 15 minute drive from Glasgow City Centre. It has over 100 upscale stores, from high street favourites to independent boutiques, cafes and restaurants set in a stunning under-cover, architecturally inspired space. As well as the shopping experience, visitors can also enjoy the newly opened 14 screen Cineworld cinema, showing the latest films and boasting the first ever wall to wall Superscreen.
0141 555 004
4. Glasgow Fort
Glasgow Fort is the leading shopping & leisure destination serving the East, North & South of Glasgow, offering a quality high street retail & leisure experience. It has been transformed in the last couple of years with the introduction of an 80,000 sqft M&S store, a Leisure extension hosting an 8 screen Vue cinema and 5 restaurants; and more recently a new Leisure Quarter containing a Multi-Story Car Park with 4 new restaurants including Nandos, TGI Friday and Wagamama. With almost 100 outlets, it is home to leading shopping brands including Marks & Spencer, TopShop, Zara, River Island, H&M, Next and Schuh. With the location of the centre off Junction 10 of the M8 in Glasgow, it’s easily accessed by car and public transport.
Junction 10 M8
0141 771 7777
5. St Enoch Centre
Situated at the corner of Buchanan and Argyle Streets on Glasgow’s Style Mile is a gleaming modern mall housing the most popular names in High Street including a huge Debenhams store full of choice in fashion, beauty and homeware plus a fantastic food court all under one roof. The St Enoch Centre is the place to find the biggest names in High Street fashion including, H&M, Topshop and Superdry. Let your kids run wild at The Disney Store or at world-famous toy store, Hamleys, or visit the flagship Mothercare store which stocks a wide range of baby and child essentials. There’s also the Glasgow Museums store, which is the ideal place to pick out a Glasgow themed gift to take away from your city break in Glasgow.
55 St Enoch Square
0141 204 3900
Belfast – Glasgow Express £39 each way
• Family friendly service
• Convenient pick up and drop off times
• Our services are back up and running with a new timetable. Keeping our customers and staff safe is our number one priority.
• We have put in place a range of new safety measures to keep you safe when travelling on our coaches
Here’s a list of Hotels to stay in during your next trip to Glasgow: Click here>>
10 Great reasons to choose Hannon Coach to travel between Belfast and Glasgow…
- Our service is the ONLY direct through service between Belfast and Glasgow – our coach travels the whole way with you and does not just drop you at the ferry terminal.
- Convenient online booking up to 60 minutes before departure
- The cost of the ferry is included, and we also check you on-board.
- Luxury coach the whole way with on-board toilet, Wi-Fi and reclining seats.
- The coach drops you off at Buchanan bus station– right in the heart of the city, within easy walking distance of University of Glasgow, Glasgow Cathedral, George square and the Light House.
- No luggage charges – bring up to 2 full size 23Kg suitcases per passenger.
- We can also accommodate bikes and larger items (Passengers are required to contact us in advance).
- We do not hike prices on busy days or closer to your travel date.
- Hassle-free security
- Free Wi-Fi the whole way.