- Posted by Eve McStravick
- On November 26, 2020
- 0 Comments
- City Break, Cocktails, Culture, Food, Glasgow, Short Break, Tourist
Glasgow’s Best Cocktail Bars
With cool drinking dens, classy bars and some of the UK’s best clubs, the nightlife in Glasgow is hard to beat. Glasgow boasts some of the most stylish cocktail bars around. With so many top places to drink in Glasgow, we’ve done the hard work for you and created a list of our top 5 cocktail bars to visit on a trip to Glasgow.
Missoula is our top choice for a cocktail bar in Glasgow! It is a modern, stylish, and popular bar, offering great music. They offer a value-for-money food menu, combining freshly made stone-baked pizzas, fabulous burgers and tempting desserts. By night, they offer an exciting range of cocktails, premium spirits, and craft lager. Missoula is the perfect place to be at the weekend with special guest DJs, entertainment, and party nights. At the bar, cocktails take centre stage, with all cocktail’s half price Sunday to Thursday. We think Missoula is the perfect place for drinks after a day of shopping in Glasgow city centre. Why not try one of their cocktail masterclasses while you’re there?
110-114 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1NF
Tel: 0141 332 9724
Metropolitan is an award-winning cocktail bar situated within the Merchant Square which is at the heart of the Merchant City, Glasgow’s cultural, food and fashion quarter. The large venue covers several bars and balconies as well as the indoor-with-an-outdoor-feel seating in the fairy-lit square. Metropolitan is popular with people who have spent the day shopping, after work outings, and a group night out at the weekend. We think it is a great choice for everyone, with the option to enjoy a cocktail in the cosmopolitan bar, relax in the courtyard, dine on one of the balconies, admire the surroundings of the champagne booths or enjoy live music in the piano lounge.
60 Candleriggs, Glasgow, G1 1LE
Tel: 0141 553 1488
Gin71 is a one-stop shop for gin lovers! Tucked away on Victoria Court, in Glasgow’s Merchant City, Gin71 is popular for after work drinks, pre-theatre meals and dinner with friends and family. Gin71 offers great gin tasting events which we think is a great idea for a night out with your friends. As well as their gin tasting events, they offer a wide variety of gin cocktails, along with other spirits, beers, and wines. The dishes at Gin71 are often flavoured with gin-inspired ingredients and the kitchen likes to use Scottish ingredients as much as possible. Their menu offers sharing platters, big plates, little plates, sides and snacks and a selection of mac ‘n’ cheese dishes. Our favourite dish is the hearty flat iron steak with pepper sauce made from Edinburgh Cannonball Gin. Their coriander and fennel risotto with Death’s Door gin is also a popular choice for gin loving diners.
No4 Virginia Court, Glasgow
Tel: 0141 553 2326
4. The Tiki Bar & Kitsch Inn
Are you someone who likes to be adventurous with your food and drink? Then the Tiki Bar & Kitsch Inn is the perfect place for you to dine. The upstairs Kitsch Inn is the setting to tuck into the Thai menu boasting specials such as crying beef tiger salad, chicken with chilli jam and some of our favourites such as Thai green curry and phat Thai noodles. After your meal, head downstairs to the Tiki Bar where you can inject a bit of Hawaii into your evening with tropical creations in Tiki mugs in an island setting complete with wicker chairs and palm trees. Situated on Bath Street, the Tiki Bar and Kitsch Inn is just a short walk from the heart of Glasgow’s city centre.
The Tiki Bar and Kitsch Inn
214 Bath St, Glasgow G2 4HW
Tel: 0141 332 1341
5. Revolution Mitchell Street Glasgow
Revolution Mitchell Street Glasgow is a modern, vibrant cocktail bar and restaurant situated in the heart of the city centre! Based in the former Tunnel nightclub, the building has undergone a full refurbishment. The kitchen crew at Revolution serve up fresh, handcrafted dishes inspired by foodies all over the world, resulting in a mix of exciting flavours. Their playful cocktail range will certainly tempt you to stay on after eating with cocktail specials such as Frothy Biscoffi, Bakewell Tart and Bubblegum Daiquiri. Revolution is a fun party venue and a perfect spot for drinks during your city break to Glasgow. We’re sure that if you’re looking for one of the best nights out in Glasgow, then Revolution Mitchell Street is a good contender.
84 Mitchell Street , G1 3NA
Tel: 0141 471 8279
Belfast – Glasgow Express £39 each way
• Family friendly service
• Convenient pick up and drop off times
• Our services are back up and running with a new timetable. Keeping our customers and staff safe is our number one priority.
• We have put in place a range of new safety measures to keep you safe when travelling on our coaches
10 Great reasons to choose Hannon Coach to travel between Belfast and Glasgow…
- Our service is the ONLY direct through service between Belfast and Glasgow – our coach travels the whole way with you and does not just drop you at the ferry terminal.
- Convenient online booking up to 60 minutes before departure
- The cost of the ferry is included, and we also check you on-board.
- Luxury coach the whole way with on-board toilet, Wi-Fi and reclining seats.
- The coach drops you off at Buchanan bus station– right in the heart of the city, within easy walking distance of University of Glasgow, Glasgow Cathedral, George square and the Light House.
- No luggage charges – bring up to 2 full size 23Kg suitcases per passenger.
- We can also accommodate bikes and larger items (Passengers are required to contact us in advance).
- We do not hike prices on busy days or closer to your travel date.
- Hassle-free security
- Free Wi-Fi the whole way.