- Posted by Hannon Coach
- On August 20, 2019
- 0 Comments
- Belfast, City Break, Express Service, Glasgow, Hannon Coach, People Make Glasgow, SSE Hydro Glasgow, Stenaline, Students, UK Tour, University
September, as always, brings the annual migration of many students from their native habitat to college or university moving away from the safety of the family home, often for the first time.
The cost of moving into your new accommodation can quickly spiral, particularly for new undergraduates starting off for the first time, particularly if flights are involved.
A whole industry has grown up offering student packs delivered to your university before you arrive. While these starter packs can be a good option for some, we believe it is often easier to put these packs together yourself often at a considerably lower cost. Remember, it’s usually the convenience and delivery that you end up paying a premium! It’s also worth remembering that you will be moving out again next June so you shouldn’t forget about the costs of return shipping.
We believe putting together your own starter kit can save you over £100…
So, what should you buy and where?
Check out these huge savings available if you put your own pack together…
Check out how you could get this all for just £63 and save yourself £136.99
Our top tips to get the best out of your moving budget:
- If you are staying in halls of residence, check out what’s already provided. Some halls will provide noticeboards, desk lamps, waste bins, clothes drying racks, ironing boards and irons, vacuum cleaners, kettles, toasters, microwaves, etc. A few even provide bedding, though you might prefer your own. If you are sharing, also check out what housemates might be bringing, to avoid multiples.
- Check out the popular student starter park websites such as unikitout.com, mystudentessentials.co.uk, etc. for ideas and then put together your own pack to make your budget go further. A good tip is to look where these packs have bulked things out with items such as tea towels, cooking utensils, etc. that you can pick up cheaply somewhere else.
- Book your travel with Hannon Coach Belfast – Glasgow Express online or talk to our friendly team on 028 92 650 700 about your particular travel needs and requirements.
10 great reasons to choose Hannon Coach to travel between Belfast and Glasgow…
- Our service is the ONLY direct through service between Belfast and Glasgow – our coach travels the whole way with you and does not just drop you at the ferry terminal
- The cost of the ferry is included, and we also check you on-board.
- Luxury coach the whole way with on-board toilet, WiFi and reclining seats.
- Coach departs from Buchanan Bus Station – within easy walking distance of University of Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian University, University of Strathclyde and Glasgow School of Art and arrives at Belfast City Hall
- No luggage charges – bring up to 2 full size 23Kg suitcases per passenger
- We can also accommodate bikes and larger items (Passengers are required to contact us in advance)
- We do not hike prices on busy days or closer to your travel date
- Hassle-free security
- Free WiFi the whole way.
- Convenient online booking up to 60 minutes before departure
Book now to avoid disappointment!!