- Posted by Eve McStravick
- On September 23, 2021
- 0 Comments
- Climate change, COP26, Environmentally friendly, Glasgow
COP 26 – Challenge to get there without flying or driving
The UK will host the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow on 31st October – 12th November 2021.
For nearly three decades the UN has been bringing together almost every country on earth for global climate summits called COPs which stands for ‘Conference of the Parties’. In that time climate change has gone from being a small issue to a global priority.
This year will be the 26th annual summit – giving it the name COP26. With the UK as President, COP26 takes place in Glasgow.
In the run up to COP26 the UK is working with every nation to reach agreement on how to tackle climate change. World leaders will arrive in Scotland, alongside tens of thousands of negotiators, government representatives, businesses, and citizens for twelve days of talks.
The COP26 summit will bring parties together to accelerate action towards the goals of the Paris Agreement and the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
We challenge anyone travelling to COP 26 to make use of the excellent transport service we have. If you are travelling from Belfast why not use our HANNON Coach Belfast – Glasgow Express Coach Service.
Our Express Service takes you right to the heart of Glasgow and is a cost-efficient, easy, comfortable travel solution.
Just £39 each way with convenient pick up and drop off times from Belfast City Centre and Belfast Stena Line Terminal you can be guaranteed a stress-free journey.
10 Great reasons to choose Hannon Coach to travel between Belfast and Glasgow…
- Our service is the ONLY direct through service between Belfast and Glasgow – our coach travels the whole way with you and does not just drop you at the ferry terminal.
- Convenient online booking up to 60 minutes before departure
- The cost of the ferry is included, and we also check you on-board.
- Luxury coach the whole way with on-board toilet, Wi-Fi, and reclining seats.
- The coach drops you off at Buchanan bus station– right in the heart of the city, within easy walking distance of University of Glasgow, Glasgow Cathedral, George square and the Light House.
- No luggage charges – bring up to 2 full size 23Kg suitcases per passenger.
- We can also accommodate bikes and larger items (Passengers are required to contact us in advance).
- We do not hike prices on busy days or closer to your travel date.
- Hassle-free security
- Free Wi-Fi the whole way