- Posted by Eve McStravick
- On July 9, 2021
- 0 Comments
- Belfast, City Break, Hannon Coach, Travel
Belfast Mela 2021
Belfast’s most loved family festival returns this year with a fresh look, presenting an amazing week long programme of world music, dance, food, theatre and art finishing with a magical Mini Mela across the city centre.
Northern Ireland’s largest cultural diversity festival, the 15th Belfast Mela, sponsored by Sensata Technologies will take place across the city this year starting on Monday 23th August and running until Sunday 29th August.
U105’s Carolyn Stewart and UTV’s Paul Reilly will host a spectacular FREE ‘Mini Mela’ celebration on Saturday 28th August transforming the city centre into a global village with a pop-up programme of music, dance and art, as current Covid restrictions make a return to Botanic Gardens for the traditional Mela format unworkable until 2022.
However, all week starting from Monday 23th August, ArtsEkta, organisers of the Belfast Mela will be bringing the magic of Mela to outdoor spaces and venues across the city – North, South, East and West as well as the city centre with events to celebrate cultural diversity.
Highlights include a Silk Road Supper Club evening celebrating food and traditions of our newer communities; a Caribbean Carnival night; the first Global Ceili of its’ kind in the city fusing together Irish trad, Indian and Chinese dance; a spectacular Luminate large scale outdoor lighting event in CS Lewis Square; Taste the World at St George’s Market; as well as lunchtime tasting tours; a beautiful evening of Sufi Music at St Anne’s Cathedral and Wonder Walks, an immersive family storytelling experience.
A spectacular FREE outdoor cinema event is also being planned with showings of Danny Boyle classic Slumdog Millionaire fused together with live Bollywood dance from ArtsEkta’s South Asian Dance Academy and an Indian Summer BBQ on the 28th and 29th August.
Check out more online https://belfastmela.org.uk/
10 Great reasons to choose Hannon Coach to travel between Glasgow and Belfast…
- Our service is the ONLY direct through service between Glasgow and Belfast – our coach travels the whole way with you and does not just drop you at the ferry terminal.
- Convenient online booking up to 60 minutes before departure.
- The cost of the ferry is included, and we also check you on-board.
- Luxury coach the whole way with on-board toilet, Wi-Fi and reclining seats.
- The coach drops you off just outside Belfast City Hall– right in the heart of the city.
- No luggage charges – bring up to 2 full size 23Kg suitcases per passenger.
- We can also accommodate bikes and larger items (Passengers are required to contact us in advance).
- We do not hike prices on busy days or closer to your travel date.
- Hassle-free security.
- Free Wi-Fi the whole way.