- Posted by Hannon Coach
- On July 5, 2019
- 0 Comments
- Belfast, Glasgow, International
Our Belfast – Glasgow Express coach service proves a big hit with international visitors
Over a quarter (27%) of all passengers travelling on our direct coach service between Belfast and Glasgow are international visitors from outside the UK & Ireland. Our service has carried visitors from over 85 different overseas countries since its launch in 2018.
“It’s been a highly successful first year for the service,” said our company director Aodh Hannon. “We knew international visitors and backpackers were going to be an important market, but we never imagined that we would carry so many different nationalities or that they would prove to be a quarter of the overall business.”
“Traditional backpackers and gap year students have undoubtedly been a major factor in the success, but, the ‘Grey Dollar’ from USA, Australia and Canada has also been a key element.” Aodh added.
We are not resting on our laurels however and we expect this summer to be busier still. We have expanded our online sales channels in north America and Europe to make it easier for overseas customers to find and book our service. We have also invested in a joint advertising campaign with Stena Line so that we can get the word out to the domestic market.
“People have responded really well to the service and love the fact that it’s so hassle-free compared to flying and that there’s no extra charge for luggage. Our direct service and standard of coach together with the onboard facilities offered on the Stena Line ferries meet their requirements so they choose to come to Belfast rather than go somewhere else, it’s that simple!”
Niall Gibbons, CEO of Tourism Ireland, said: “Congratulations to Hannon Coach on such a successful first year. We are delighted to hear that so many international visitors are using this service to come to Northern Ireland. Tourism Ireland is rolling out an extensive programme of promotions, to highlight Northern Ireland around the world – showcasing attractions and experiences like Titanic Belfast, the Causeway Coastal Route and our National Trust properties. We are committed to ensuring that Northern Ireland continues to increase its share of the global travel business.”
“There’s a shared history and natural connection between Northern Ireland and Glasgow, which means people will always need travel options, and the success of our new express service from Belfast has shown that there is still a lot of potential to grow this market further.” explained Aodh.
Book Now! To avoid disappointment.
10 great reasons to choose Hannon Coach to travel between Belfast and Glasgow…
- Our service is the ONLY direct through service between Belfast and Glasgow – our coach travels the whole way with you and does not just drop you at the ferry terminal
- The cost of the ferry is included, and we also check you onboard.
- Luxury coach the whole way with onboard toilet, WiFi and reclining seats.
- Coach departs from Buchanan Bus Station – within easy walking distance of University of Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian University, University of Strathclyde and Glasgow School of Art and arrives at Belfast City Hall
- No luggage charges – bring up to 2 full size 23Kg suitcases per passenger
- We can also accommodate bikes and larger items (Passengers are required to contact us in advance)
- We do not hike prices on busy days or closer to your travel date
- Hassle-free security
- Free WiFi the whole way.
- Convenient online booking up to 60 minutes before departure