Things to do for kids in Belfast
There are so many fun and exciting days out and places to visit for kids in Belfast. We have highlighted some of the most popular visitor attractions in Belfast for kids!
Belfast Zoological Gardens is home to more than 140 species of animal, many of which are in danger in their natural habitat. Perched on the side of Cave Hill, Belfast Zoo has a wild and wonderful range of animals. As one of the oldest visitor attractions in Northern Ireland, many visitors have fond memories of visiting the gardens, which have been home to the animals since 1934. Belfast Zoo is now a leading and award-winning visitor attraction in Northern Ireland, with more than 200,000 visitors each year.
Popular attractions include the Asian elephants, Barbary lions, Rothschild’s giraffes, California sea lions, penguins, apes, Malayan tapirs, giant anteater, Malayan sun bears, Visayan warty pigs, Goodfellow’s tree kangaroo, red-backed bearded sakis, crowned sifaka, ring-tailed lemurs and reptiles.
As Northern Ireland’s treasure house of the past and the present, the Ulster Museum is home to a rich collection of art, history and natural sciences and is free to all visitors. Delve into the history of the people of the north of Ireland from earliest times to the present day, get face to face with dinosaurs and up close to the famous ancient Egyptian mummy, Takabuti and learn about how she came to arrive in Belfast in 1834. Free admission and a regular programme of events and exhibitions means the Ulster Museum always has something to capture the imaginations of kids and adults alike.
Lost City Adventure Golf
Lost City Adventure Golf at Cityside Retail and Leisure Park has two indoor jungle-themed golf courses where players young and old can tackle Sunken Skull Ridge, Explorer Falls and lots of interactive obstacles. Players make their way around the course amidst simulated thunder and lightning storms and challenge their skills against rainforest animals and moving walls. If players get a hole in one on the 18th hole, much Inca Gold will come their way!
Open seven days a week from 10am, including Sundays, experience two indoor 18-hole jungle themed adventure golf courses, complete with incredible special effects and interactive obstacles.
Andersonstown Indoor Aqua Park is the largest centre of its kind in Northern Ireland, offering three high speed water slides, a surf simulator and children’s adventure aqua play area. Choose from three high speed water slides including the first vertical drop slide in Ireland.
Surf Belfast – Experience the thrill of catching a wave indoors on Northern Ireland’s first ever indoor surf simulator. Pumps fire a constant five metre wide wave sheet to challenge riders. Designed for a variety of age groups and skill levels, Surf Belfast has four different performance settings to ensure that the ride can be enjoyed by just about everyone.
Children’s Adventure Aqua Play Area
A huge fun zone for all the little ones with a large play structure, including a tipping water bucket, canons, slides and climbing frame. For toddlers, there is shallow confidence water at Little Lagoon.
Keeping our passengers and staff safe is our number one priority. We have put in place a range of safety measures to keep you safe when travelling on our coaches:
- Face masks required throughout the journey
- Increased hygiene and cleaning schedule
- Reduced capacity on board every coach – less than 50%
- Social distancing as per Government Requirements
- Hand sanitiser available on all coaches
[vc_column][vc_empty_space][block_title title=”GLASGOW – BELFAST EXPRESS”]GLASGOW – BELFAST EXPRESS £39 each way
Includes cost of ferry and bags go free[/block_title][vc_btn title=”BUY ONLINE” shape=”square” color=”success” size=”lg” align=”center” css_animation=”fadeIn” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fhannoncoach.betterez.com%2Fcart%2F5cd2ce464c06803c05004cbe|||”][vc_empty_space height=”64px”][/vc_column]
10 Great reasons to choose Hannon Coach to travel between Glasgow and Belfast…
- Our service is the ONLY direct through service between Belfast and Glasgow – our coach travels the whole way with you and does not just drop you at the ferry terminal.
- Convenient online booking up to 60 minutes before departure
- The cost of the ferry is included, and we also check you on-board.
- Luxury coach the whole way with on-board toilet, Wi-Fi and reclining seats.
- The coach drops you off at Buchanan bus station– right in the heart of the city, within easy walking distance of University of Glasgow, Glasgow Cathedral, George square and the Light House.
- No luggage charges – bring up to 2 full size 23Kg suitcases per passenger.
- We can also accommodate bikes and larger items (Passengers are required to contact us in advance).
- We do not hike prices on busy days or closer to your travel date.
- Hassle-free security
- Free Wi-Fi the whole way.