Here’s our list of 5 great hotels within 5 minutes walk from Glasgow, Buchanan Bus Station.
With ‘Time Out’ magazine naming Glasgow as one of the 48 best cities in the world for 2019, and placed in the top 10 no less, there has never been a better time to book a short break to Glasgow. It is a vibrant city full of personality, warm Scottish hospitality and great experiences. When you’re there, you’ll find world-class visitor attractions, a vast amount of shopping destinations, stunning architecture, legendary nightlife, and not forgetting an extensive food and drink scene.
Our £39 each way Express from Belfast to Glasgow is the ideal way for culture lovers and avid shoppers from Northern Ireland to make the quick trip across the water to visit Scotland.
We have compiled a list of the best hotels to stay in around Buchanan station.
1. Holiday Inn Express – Theatreland, Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow, G1 2RL, United Kingdom
The Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Theatreland is well-placed in the city centre. It is just 0.3 miles from Buchanan bus station, and just a few yards from shops and nightlife. It has a bar, a restaurant, meeting facilities, and bright modern bedrooms with free Wi-Fi.
2. Grand Central Hotel- 99 Gordon Street, Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow, G1 3SF, United Kingdom
The award-winning Grand Central Hotel is an iconic hotel set within Glasgow’s shopping district. It boasts a fine bar, restaurant and free Wi-Fi. This historic hotel has hosted stars including Frank Sinatra and Charlie Chaplin, and even features in the James Bond book, Licence Renewed. In 1927 John Logie Baird broadcast the first-ever long-distance TV pictures from a 4th-floor bedroom.
Find out more about the Grand Central Hotel here >>
3. Ibis Glasgow City Centre – 220 West Regent Street, Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow, G2 4DQ, United Kingdom
With the convenience of being just 2 minutes from Glasgow’s vibrant city centre, this hotel is perfect for those who look for comfortable, good quality, and budget friendly hotels. The stylish bedrooms have a private bathroom, tea/coffee facilities, and a work desk. Rooms also feature a flat-screen TV with Freeview.
Find out more about the Ibis Hotel here >>
4. The Z Hotel Glasgow-36 North Frederick Street, Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow, G1 2BS, United Kingdom
The Z Hotel Glasgow features compact and luxury accommodation in a contemporary design, right in the heart of Glasgow city centre. Housed in an old print works with 104 bedrooms arranged round a central light-well, they’re just steps away from historic George Square and close to the shops of the style mile and the bars of Merchant City.
Find out more about the Z Hotel here >>
5. Premier Inn Buchanan Galleries hotel- St Andrew House, 141 West Nile Street, Glasgow G1 2RN
This contemporary no-frills hotel in Glasgow city centre, is perfect for shopping at Buchanan Galleries. It is only a short walk across the road from the drop-off bus station. After a long day of shopping, you can relax with free Wi-Fi, and unwind in their famously comfortable beds. There is a restaurant/bar and nearby paid parking. Also, breakfast (an extra cost) includes all-you-can-eat and light choices.
Find out more about the Premier Inn here >>
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_empty_space][block_title title=”BELFAST – GLASGOW EXPRESS”]BELFAST – GLASGOW EXPRESS £39 each way
Includes cost of ferry and bags go free[/block_title][vc_btn title=”BUY ONLINE” shape=”square” color=”success” size=”lg” align=”center” css_animation=”fadeIn” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fhannoncoach.betterez.com%2Fcart%2F5cd2ce464c06803c05004cbe|||”][vc_empty_space height=”64px”][/vc_column][/vc_row]
10 Great reasons to choose Hannon Coach to travel between Belfast and Glasgow…
- Our service is the ONLY direct through service between Belfast and Glasgow – our coach travels the whole way with you and does not just drop you at the ferry terminal.
- Convenient online booking up to 60 minutes before departure
- The cost of the ferry is included, and we also check you on-board.
- Luxury coach the whole way with on-board toilet, Wi-Fi and reclining seats.
- The coach drops you off at Buchanan bus station– right in the heart of the city, within easy walking distance of University of Glasgow, Glasgow Cathedral, George square and the Light House.
- No luggage charges – bring up to 2 full size 23Kg suitcases per passenger.
- We can also accommodate bikes and larger items (Passengers are required to contact us in advance).
- We do not hike prices on busy days or closer to your travel date.
- Hassle-free security
- Free Wi-Fi the whole way.